Will my nans home be sold to cover cost of a nursing home?? UK?

My nan is going in to a home, no one has power of attorney. (Or anything else) She does not have capacity. My brother and his girlfriend moved into the home while she had dementia, living there rent free and sold all her things, (her Royal doulton doll collection) etc also stopped people visiting. As she... show more My nan is going in to a home, no one has power of attorney. (Or anything else)
She does not have capacity.
My brother and his girlfriend moved into the home while she had dementia, living there rent free and sold all her things, (her Royal doulton doll collection) etc also stopped people visiting.
As she don't have £25,000 in capital social services said that as there are children (my nephews) living at the home they are unable to sell it and her nursing home will be funded from the government. I'd rather her home be sold roughly £280 - £300k and her go into a private home and have the best care.