Why is everyone so surprised the anti American President admitted finally that the 400 mil was a ransom drop? I mean,?

everyone that truly loves the USA..sorry Obama/Hillary loving liberal loons..... Knew it was

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

I'm not surprised at all the Iran $400 mil was a ransom drop, what surprises me is that obama admitted it was a ransom deal after all the lying that it was not a ransom,

• ...Show all comments
    • -j.
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

Not if it's their own money that they were going to get anyway.

Ransom is when the kidnappers get your money out of you. Not when you let them have their own money and get the hostages back for free.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

It was not a ransom drop. The Obama administration is clarifying that the U.S. withheld the delivery of the cash as leverage until Iran permitted the Americans to leave the country. It was still Iran's money. Leverage is different from ransom.

• ...Show all comments
    • -j.
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

Curtis: Was he going to give the arms to Iran anyway? If so, then yes, that's leverage. Of course that could also be treason.

If the only reason he gave the arms to Iran was to get the hostages freed, then that's ransom.

I know this might be only your second time with logic, so take it slow.

• 4 years ago

The State Department acknowledged Thursday that it delayed releasing a $400 million cash payment to Iran in January until it was assured that a plane carrying three released American prisoners had left Tehran.

State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters that negotiators had “deliberately leveraged” Iran’s desire to get its money from a decades-old arms deal to make sure the authorities there would not renege on freeing three Americans. They were flown out Jan. 16, the same day the nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers was implemented.

“We felt it would be imprudent not to consider that some leverage in trying make sure our Americans got out,” Kirby said, noting the deep mistrust between the countries.

• 4 years ago

Actually, it was the other way around. We would NOT release the money (which was theirs in the first place) until our people were free.

Obama's looking after American citizens and all the opposition can do is lie about it. What sick pos's they are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • laslo
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Nonsense. The money was Iran's, and they won it back fair and square in court. And the money wasn't "dropped"--the captives were released prior to Iran getting it's own money back.

Why lie? The truth of the matter is easy to research. Why spread your poisonous distortions of the facts? Do you think it will serve you or country?

• 4 years ago

For the LAST 2 years I don't know how many times I've said, "I'VE TOLD YOU SO". And I never get sick of it.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Let's see ... $400m in CASH .... and that's their idea of a business transaction. Obama is the least patriotic President of my life time.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

just shows that Trump is dead right and is speaking the truth about their corruption and that theyre nothing but liars .. now their incompetence has put a price tag on every americans head that travels abroad ..

• 4 years ago

Thank god the three Americans have been released.

• 4 years ago

I love America. You are an assshole

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.