Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 3 years ago

Camera with no joystick?? (Pentax)?

I really complain about lack of joystick but people from Pentaxforum seem to be too old fashioned that they don't need it at all and cursed me a lot. WTF? Canon and Nikon already have joystick for better controlling af points and etc. How come? I really don't understand those old people at all.

• Frank
    Favorite Answer

They're grumpy old men stuck in their ways who are probably not using their cameras in such a manner where they wouldn't realize a benefit from using a joystick.

It's unfortunate that people on camera forums, not just pentaxforums.com, are often so rude and condescending. You normally don't find this in many other group forums. It's as if they're defending their decision to shoot one brand over another. Personally, I used to shoot with a Canon EOS-1 back in the film days, and if someone had told me that I'd one day shoot Pentax, I'd laugh. Fast forward to the 21st Century, and I'm very happy with my Pentax. Now it's me laughing at Canon and Nikon users when a share my images with my local camera club. People are like "Wow! What camera are you using?" I once had someone say that the images from my Pentax were so incredibly sharp that it was as if they could put their hand into the screen and touch the flowers. Here's a link to that specific photo taken with my Pentax 645D: https://www.flickr.com/photos/87834009@N04/1434066...

Why doesn't Pentax put a joystick on their bodies? I wish they did, but it's anyone's guess as to why they haven't done this sooner. Since it's becoming a more and more common talking point among reviewers, I think that it's just a matter of time before Pentax puts this feature in all of their DSLRs and not just in the new K-1.

I've just had a look at the most recent thread on this subject - the responses seem reasonable enough. My own take is that I don't want to spend money on a feature I'd never use - I use CF with back button focussing and AE lock when I need it. When my focus point is off centre I just recompose. Selecting a new AF point and then resetting it for the next shot simply doesn't work for me!

• John P

Personally I hate the idea of a joystick on a camera of any brand, even multi-selectors are works of the devil as far as I am concerned!

It has nothing to do with a person's age.

Different features appeal to different people,

and some prefer different control methods.

Joysticks aren't to everyone's liking.

I find them to be more frustrating than useful,

so I don't care for them.

• Iridflare
      3 years agoReport

How does such a considered answer warrant a TD? It seems some people just can't stand the thought that someone might disagree with them. Even worse, they might be right!

• keerok

Old? Meh...

It's because back in the old days, we just had one focus point at dead center and that didn't stop us from getting fabulous shots all the time.

• Sunshine3 years agoReport

Hah others? So do you believe that joystick shouldn't be added because of old way? What a nonsense.

no

No.