CDL Medical Card Renewal Question?

I need an answer quick! I have a class B CDL in the state of Pennsylvania. As per their idiotic policies, if you don't update your medical card and sent it to them, they take your commercial privilages.

The US Postal Service Screwed me and returned my letter containing my new information to Penndot, and now I'm past the due date. However, they didn't say my CDL credentials were revoked, just got another letter telling me to send it in. The actual medical card was renewed well before it was required to be. Will I get my Commercial privileges back if I just send them the new card and I'll just have to wait till they process it? Will calling them help? Or will I just have to get my CDL all over again?

• Ron

First off, it isn't Penndots idiotic policy, it's a federal requirement. As it is, your CDL may be suspended as of whenever the due date for the physical was due. In my state, just mailing it in isn't good enough. You have to physically deliver the paperwork to the dmv. If you want things taken car of immediately, you should do that.

• ?

Hand carry your medical paperwork to your local DMV office and turn it in to a clerk at the counter. That way you KNOW that it has been delivered, and there are no questions about your license being current.

1st thing to do, that you should have already done, is to send an email to the employer - NO phone calls, as you may need the proof of contacting them - and let them know what happened with the first mailing ; 2nd is to resend the card, using the signature required and return receipt requested from usps