Does charging your Tablet/Phone overnight damage (hurt) the internal battery?

So, I got a new iPad Pro 9.7 inch. I use it for gaming and to do some stuff that doesn't work on my old and chunky iPad 3. Anyway, it was a hard decision if I had to charge it over night or charge it in the morning. I was worried if charging overnight would damage the lithium-ion battery thats inside my iPad. Should I charge my new iPad overnight multiple times?

Favorite Answer

It doesn't matter. The stuff that controls the charging process will crank down the draw once it's at 100% and just maintain the battery. Just make sure you use Apple-certified products (mFi), to charge, or it may not work properly.

There's no difference to when the device is charged. For optimum battery life, you should charge the battery before it depletes entirely, and don't charge it to a full 100% charge. Optimum life for the battery is obtained by charging from around 20% to 30% minimum up to about 90% of a full charge. Excessive heat build up inside any battery will shorten its life. This means you should be able to watch and control the charging of any battery operated device being charged.

Nope. You know technology advances so, when your tablet gets 100% charge, there is no more electricity or very little (due to the tablet still using very little energy)

Does not make a difference! Day or night. But time wise..... Overnight

Yes. That's why the charger is so short.