john asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 years ago

I get sick when i take protein shakes but i eat alot of vegetables and meat but more baked meat or grilled and then work out and drink water?

Will this be heaither?

Favorite Answer

Hey man,

You didn't explicitly say it in your question... but I think you're trying to find out... do you need protein shakes? The answer is "no."

Everything that's in a protein shake, you can get from regular food. The reasons it's good to get your protein from food are:

1. Food sources suppress your appetite - I have a ravenous appetite and if I were to drink all of my protein, I would feel like I'm starving. If you have the same appetite, I would stray away from the shakes.

2. You know exactly what's in your food - Many times when you look on the labels for protein powders, they may often put "proprietary blend" or something like that. That's their way of saying "none of your business."

Just be aware that many of those companies are not approved by the FDA and they can often put whatever they want in there.

3. Protein powders are not as micronutrient dense - Protein is a MACRO nutrient, but things like vitamins and minerals are MICRO nutrients. Protein powders don't supply nearly as many important micro nutrients that regular food does.

This doesn't mean you should NEVER take protein powders. Personally, I use powders and shakes when I'm not in control of my diet.

So, this could be when I go on vacation or I have to take a business trip. I don't always have full control of what I get to eat for each meal. If I'm worried about how much protein I'm consuming, it's good to have some powder around.

The bottom line is if you can get your protein requirements all from food, you should do it. If not, powders and shakes are fine. You should just do some more research to make sure you know what you're drinking.

Take care, bud.

Source(s): http://noobgains.com/whatswheyprotein Personal experience

Yes

Yea yea