Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 years ago

Over 3,000 years ago, men were attracted to women with a narrow waist. Why are men still attracted to women with a narrow waist?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

because fat isn't attractive

• 4 years ago

Fat is a cause of ill-health. Health is a big factor in successful / unsuccessful child birth .. or was.. Perhaps not so much now. But two million years of engrained reproductive evolution does not disappear because of 100 years of medicine

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Starvation makes everybody skinny. There is no connection, 3,000 years is similar to life on Mars, it's a different reality.

• Mabe
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Idk, good question for the men to answer about what attracts them over it. My guess is that she doesn't appear pregnant, and he can get her that way. I mean 3000 years ago until today, the ring missing didn't signify that she had another man watching over her or not, the way a pregnant woman would signal that. So, she appeared single and available.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

So back then were they attracted to women with eagle's talons too - did you notice her feet? (I bet your eyes were not focused there) If you go back another 3000 years, it's not the same. Check out the image in the article below.

This was from 1550 - not much waist there -

http://www.wikiart.org/en/titian/venus-and-an-orga...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Ok. Standards of physical beauty culturally is not the same within every square inch of planet earth, and the standards of beauty has change throughout human history and will continue to change.

Source(s): MGTOW
  • 4 years ago

i feel like artists don't represent the beauty standards of the entirety of the human race thousands of years ago

you know, it's more like their own personal interpretation and the way they wanted to express their thoughts that determined the outcome

maybe just me though

Lv 6
    4 years ago

why not?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.