How to deal with neighbors smelly food coming in to my house?

So I live in an apartment. Recently, a Brazilian family moved in next door. They cook the worst smelling food it makes me puke. They use this crap called "Dendi Oil" (AKA palm oil) and it stinks. They deep fry everything. I have 6 candles burning and the smell overpowers them. The landlord won t do anything. It s coming into my house. I can still smell it even when they arnt cooking. It s permident. I don t know what to do. It s SO strong it makes my nose burn, my stomach ach, and me head hurt.

Best Answer

Your mistake was reporting that it was a cooking smell - food. They have a right to cook their food how they want to. There is nothing you can do at this point. Next time - next place, report it as an unknown stench, something fowl, rotting, vile, that makes you feel ill and you do not know what they are doing in there - perhaps they are abusing an animal and killing it and it has to stop because it makes you barf and gives you horrible headaches.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Robt

Talk with landlord

Your only remedy would be to move. However, you could encounter the same again.