Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Is it a wrong for a Christian to support the British Labour Party?

I believe their teachings line up with those of Christ but my parents (both evangelicals) disagree.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

They probably disagree because as evangelicals they are committed ibso factor to political conservatism. Vote however you like, that's my view on the matter(even though personally I lean more towards the left). I think this quote from C.S Lewis sums up my view on the matter:

"If there were such a society(Christian) in existence and you or I visited it, I think we should come away with a curious impression. We should feel that it's economic life was very socialistic and in that sense 'advanced' but that its family life and its code of manners were rather old fashioned-perhaps even ceremonious and aristocratic"_Mere Christianity.

Christian ethics is typically economically left wing and socially conservative. So on economic policy Christian ethics would line up with the British Labour Party as well as foreign policy under it's current trend due to the fact that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-war(which meshes with institutions like the Church of England). On social issues like euthanasia and abortion though Christian ethics my disagree with the British Labour Party.

Source(s): Anglican Christian

The current leader of the Labour Party referred to Hamas and Hezbollah as "social justice organizations" that are "dedicated to peace"

The only difference difference between Jeremy Corbyn's fascist apologia and that of the BNP or National Front is that no one in the mainstream props BNP or NF members as people worthy of respect.

No responsible vote can be cast for Labour until, at the very least, Corbyn is gone.

Even angels are not omniscient. So the greatest charity does not preculde disagreement. Don't argue with them. Do what is the prompting of your conscience.