promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 years ago

9x19, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, .45 ACP or 10mm Auto? Which do you prefer?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • The .357 will inflict more tissue damage per round. Speed kills. The reason Police fire so many rounds is it takes 5 to 7 rounds to down a human with torso hits. The smaller charge equals less speed..and speed kills. In the early days of the M16 there were problems. They killed too much and the weapons got dirty way to quick. The problem?????

The damage caused by the 5.56 mm bullet was originally believed to be caused by "tumbling" due to the slow 1 in 14-inch (360 mm) rifling twist rate.[35][44] However, any pointed lead core bullet will "tumble" after penetration in flesh, because the center of gravity is towards the rear of the bullet. The large wounds observed by soldiers in Vietnam were actually caused by bullet fragmentation, which was created by a combination of the bullet's velocity and construction.[46] These wounds were so devastating, that the photographs remained classified into the 1980s. They are now 1/7 and the projectile has more weight.

In 1964, the Army was informed that DuPont could not mass-produce the IMR 4475 stick powder to the specifications demanded by the M16. Therefore, Olin Mathieson Company provided a high-performance ball propellant. While the Olin WC 846 powder achieved the desired 3,300 ft (1,000 m) per second muzzle velocity, it produced much more fouling, that quickly jammed the M16s action (unless the rifle was cleaned well and often).

Speed, twist rate and weight of round. tis not just a matter of caliber.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 45, 40 then 9mm. Have no use for the .357 Sig and while I like my 10mm it's not a self defense cartridge for me

• 4 years ago

For what?

As far as shooting for recoil therapy I like my Filipino 1911, Ruger six in .357 and only use the Beretta 92 when I have to.

So that would be .45- .357 and the Euro-pill in 9mm.

• 4 years ago

actually I use a lil 32 auto

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

10mm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.