Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 years ago

Smoking cigarettes, I'm 14, and have smoked/ smoke because all of my friends smoke. I don't really know what i'm asking here any thoughts ?

Best Answer

Stop. Stop now. It can be very difficult to stop and cigarettes are very bad for your health. If you think you're invincible and "it won't happen to you" there's not much anyone here can do to sway you so if you don't think of the health hazards, think of the cost. Figure out how much you're smoking per day, how much it costs per pack and calculate the annual cost. Now, what can you buy with that that's not going to harm your health and go up in smoke?

Seriously, quit. I started as a teen and thought that I'd worry about it when I got older. I had my last cigarette on my way to the hospital emergency room. They did x-rays and found out that night that I had cancer and I was only in my early forties. Surgeries, almost a year of chemo and radiation, and I was okay but it was a year of feeling like I had the worst possible case of the flu every single day. It's been almost 15 years and I'm cancer free now but still have nerve damage from chemo in my fingers and toes and am now in the window where I have to worry about leukemia caused by the chemo itself. Oh, and my hair never grew back. Look in the mirror and imagine yourself bald.

QUIT.

• CB

I moved into a house on the water about 4 year ago (I am about 55) my neighbor was around 80 - super guy, was at Iwo Jima (marine), like a second father to me, we helped each other, he shared his wealth of knowledge about living on the water - had dinners with he and his wife often. He was always busy with wood working projects or something in the yard - problem was he couldn't walk more that about 50 ft without needing to stop to catch his breath - mind just as sharp as a tack. One day he asked if I had ever smoked and I said many years ago and not too much but quit - he said "Good, I smoked since I was 14, and stopped about 10 years ago, don't get me wrong I loved every cigarette I smoked but knowing how it would affect me now, I would have never started. He died about 2 yrs later just after his 80th birthday of stage 4 lung cancer. He WAS really enjoying retirement - but it was cut short, way to short IMO.

I feel like you yourself don't want to smoke but you do because of your friends. If that is right then I suggest stop smoking, its very bad for you and will not help at all in the future. Just because your friend does something doesn't mean you have to. :)

Source(s): My mind

You don't have to be cool to smoke

• g

Stop now. Period. I have smoked for nearly 40 years and it is the one major regret of my entire life.

Stop smoking! Your lungs have not even fully developed yet!!

Come back when you think of a question. That is the point of this site.

• Salt and Peppy
      3 years agoReport

You said, "I don't really know what i'm asking here any thoughts?" So, if YOU don't know what you're asking, how are WE supposed to know?