Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 3 years ago

FIRST TIME FLYING! TWO WAY STOP?

First time flying and I have to stop and board another plane to get to my destination. I'm extremely nervous and I'm not scared of the actual plane ride, I'm nervous about the getting to the gate like the whole process. I have social anxiety and so I'm like freaking out. How is the process like? Are the people working there nice? Any tips I should know?

So pretend you are the only person on the planet that has this issue.

The people are all out to get you everyone HATES you. It will be hell on earth stay home.

Now in the real world everyday there are first time flyers at the Airport. HONEST really there are. Some are nervous and some are excited.Some get lost and confused. Most Figure it out. Seriously can you find your way around a New shopping Mall? How did you do it?

There are many staff at the Airport to help you out with directions and help to do what you need to do.

They are not psychiatrists to assist you with your mental issues.

That YOU DEAL WITH . Maybe you go to your therapist first and they can prescribe something for you.

Airport Staff have their jobs to do. They are not your personal care attendant. They have thousands that want to get from A to B . They help everyone get through the process.

They are not there to hold your hand from one end to the other. They tend to be nice to those that are nice to them.

Juts like in the real world outside the Airport they are human. Sometimes they have a personal issue at home that does not make them a robotic smiley face.

You check in. If you cannot figure out the machine USE THE HUMAN.

If you get lost ASK DIRECTIONS.

In the security line when it is your turn DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKED. You DO NOT NEED TO KNOW WHY.

There are many signs and Maps to help you find your way. You can also ask an Airport.Employee.

Go to gate do as told.

Enjoy your flight.

The one thing I can say, having social anxiety as well, and I have to fly a lot. Make sure you follow all of the requirements they tell you to do, wear tennis shoes the day you fly, and take some Dramamine before you board the plane. Also know that more people die every year by chocking on a toothbrush than dying in a plane. Good luck, my friend.