Is Governor Gary Johnson the only candidate left who would eliminate the Federal Income Tax and the Internal Revenue Service?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, Gary Johnson is the only candidate left who would eliminate the federal income tax and the internal revenue service.

• Ryan
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Libertarians are more numerous than many people would think. Their party is in disarray, but the actual platform should work for intelligent, hard-working individuals. It's all about personal responsibility and not relying on the government to do everything for you.

Socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. That's where I, as a human being, stand. Since the policies actually line up, and I can vote for someone I agree with instead of playing the 'Yeah, but that other person is worse' game.

If you say I'm throwing my vote away because Gary won't win, I don't care. I'm voting with my convictions, and if nothing else, I'm voting against a corrupt, broken, two-party system that ignores the vast majority of America.

• 3 years ago

Given the IRS spends about 14 billion dollars, the tax code is more than 78,000 pages long and since the 40s the federal gov't has been collecting about 17% of GDP even with large changes to the tax code, seems like a good idea to me.

It doesn't really matter as he will never get it through Congress. Wouldn't it be nice to have a president that is actually trying to balance the budget and reduce gov't spending, though???

• 3 years ago

Yes.

His proposal is to abolish the IRS and eliminate all income and payroll taxes. He proposes a national sales tax, but does not say what it would be.

Estimates of such a tax are between 20% and 60%, based on how many items are actually taxed (e.g. maybe food is exempt from taxes).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nosmo
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I am sure Donnie would love to as well, that way he could hide his Russia connection. I am sure Johnson would try, but without a filibuster proof majority, it would never happen. The fact that it is a great idea on paper, does not mean it would be less of a disaster if it came to be.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

For a guy that's stoned 24/7, he sure says a lot.

• 3 years ago

Probably. There's nobody else crazy enough to go along with that.

• 3 years ago

Liberterians are so retarded

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.