Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I work as a flight Attendant with a SSC for employment, advance parole and EAD? Because in the interview they said NO,I feel humiliated!?

5 Answers

  • Raelyn
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It is against federal law to deny a job on the basis of legal status (citizen, LPR, TPS, DACA) to a qualified applicant with proof of authorization to work. However, certain jobs may be exempted from this law if employers can show a valid reason for restricting employment to US citizens and green card holders. You can contact the EEOC to verify whether flight attendants are exempt.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    I have no idea what an SSC and and EAD are, but security in airports and on airplanes is very tight these days. I can see where they might have regulations against hiring someone with a criminal background.

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

    You are illegal, right? How would you work a return flight into the US?

    How would you work an outbound flight when you can't get visas?

    You do know that airlines fly internationally, right?

    You should feel humiliated that you thought that you could do this.

  • 5 years ago

    In order to apply to a US based airline, you must be legally able to work in the US and enter and exit the US without restriction.

  • 5 years ago

    Well since they are not willing to hire you, you can not work for them as a flight attendant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.