What do I get my teenage daughter for her birthday?

Favorite Answer

I would get her a bunch of giftcards.

Picking out clothes for her is too risky, and the same goes for makeup.

If you live in the United States, both American Eagle and Ulta are good stores to get her giftcards from.

Ulta is basically a GIANT makeup store, that also has a lot of hairstyling products there. Depending on which one you go to, they could also offer manicures and even makeovers.

American Eagle is a fantastic clothing store that has clothes for just about any style. There clothes keep in mind the style of a teenager, and their jeans are some of the best that I have ever worn. They have anything from shoes, to shorts, to dresses. And some American Eagle stores have an attached store called Aerie that sells leggings and bras (great girl things lol).

You didn't really mention what your daughter is interested in, so I'm trying to kinda cover all of the bases here.... The first two stores are what I would call "standard teenager store", but if she has different taste than most teenagers, Hot Topic could be a good option.

Hot Topic has a lot of band t-shirts, along with anime-related items, as well. I don't really go there much, but my younger sister who is thirteen absolutely loves it.

Also, Amazon.com is a great place to give her a giftcard to. I'm sure you've heard of that website, but just in case you haven't, it's basically this HUGE online store where you can buy literally ANYTHING. They sell furniture, room decorations, clothes, shoes, purses, videogames, and even food (lol). I absolutely love Amazon.

You could also get her a giftcard to a movie theater! Or, depending on how old she is, to a gas station to help cover gas money! Target giftcards are always fantastic, too. Maybe a Barnes & Noble Bookstore giftcard if she's into reading, or a GameStop giftcard if she likes videogames.

If I were you, just don't try and pick anything out for her. Teenagers are very picky, trust me, I know - I am one! But I'm sure she will love anything you get her!

(however, if you are really set on buying an actual present for her that's not a giftcard, beanbag chairs are always fun (I've always wanted one), or you could offer to help her restyle her room with a new bedspread, or paint!)

Source(s): I'm a 17 year old girl, going into senior year of high school

Shopping trip

Start her a makeup collection if that's what she interested in because when I became a teenager all i had was a clear lipgloss in a sea (secondary school) full of make up queens which were in my year alone

It depends on what she likes. If she likes a band, get her a album or something related to that. Or if she's into makeup, get her some of that. Video games are the same. Get her whatever she's into

• ?

Take her out fof birthday. Her choice either an amusement park or going somewhere like ice skating.

A lovely pet Aardvark.

• Jake

Make up maybe? Girls remain a mystery to me, but I'm sure they'd appreciate that.

I would say clothes, or what she likes to talk about or what she is into, or something that she needs. (Coming from a 13 year old girl)

• Steve

Just give her money. That is the easiest fail safe ever.