I want to become a singer?

I have a great voice and Iccc write songs but now that I'm going into high school soon I've decided to take my career more seriously so I've decided to make an album like a demo. I've have written two songs already and there songs that are personal and reveal my feelings. How many songs should be on my demo album. I'm going to make a lot like towards of fifty whenever I get inspired I write I have more songs than two but they parents as good. As the ones I've recently written. I love tv o Sig and so help please. how do I get discovered and how to become a singer.

• RJ
    Favorite Answer

It is strongly recommended that you complete your education and consider singing as a hobby, until such time that you are able to financially support yourself.

The first step towards becoming a singer is to take face-to-face voice lessons from a qualify voice teacher. The teacher will listen to your singing and offer guidance and feedback about your vocal progress

Here are some tips about how to become a singer:

Be determined and persistent. There's a lot of competition out there - thousands of people want the fame and fortune of a successful singing career. Most successful singers spend years working on their voices and playing low-paying gigs before they make it big. Don't lose sight of your goal, and resolve to be patient.

Start with one good song that you sing great. Once you got that work on your next best song. Before you know it, you'll have a whole night covered, a gig of good stuff.

Sing in public whenever possible. Book as many gigs as you can to get your voice out there - you never know who will be listening in the audience. Sing at private parties, county fairs, store openings, rodeos, sporting events, talent shows, karaoke nights, and anywhere else that will have you, paid or not. Even if you don't get spotted by a talent agent right away, you're practicing your stage presence and getting used to being in front of a crowd.

Start a YouTube channel. Some people have actually managed to become famous through posting videos of themselves singing on YouTube.

Become a publicity hound. Eat, breathe, and sleep attention. Look for photo ops. Speak up. Swipe up any chance to shake up the spotlight. Make yourself known.

Network. Be in the places where successful musicians/producers meet (clubs, dance halls) and act like you're part of the industry, even if they don't know who you are. Go to a city known for music (such as Nashville, Memphis, New York City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Austin or Las Vegas) and socialize with the local musicians.

Source(s): I am a semi-professional singer

First things first -LESSONS. Please try NOT to climb the tree from the top! Also, you NEED to complete your basic education first!

NO-ONE is a born singer! All one has to be able to do beforehand is to carry a tune and the rest will follow during OFFLINE one-on-one lessons with a GOOD vocal teacher. Besides, the best and most honest feedback comes from a trained vocal teacher after an OFFLINE one-on-one audition. Therefore:

Either start saving money for OFFLINE one-on-one lessons with a GOOD vocal teacher, join a choir or find yourself another interest.

In fact, it takes obviously some talent, some luck, LOTS of patience, diligence, courage, hard work, dedication and LOTS of lessons with a GOOD vocal teacher. Besides, your voice will keep maturing until you are in your mid-30s so you need a lot of TIME as well. Therefore:

Sorry, but THE ONLY SAFE way to learn the correct singing techniques & to improve properly IS to take OFFLINE face-to-face singing lessons with a fully trained vocal teacher! The teacher HAS TO BE in the same room with you, so that he/she can give you proper feedback. However, even the best teachers in the world cannot make wonders, so please be realistic with this. Singing lessons are NOT going to help if one is tone-deaf! Please do NOT rely on any dodgy web tutorials because that way you can misunderstand things VERY EASILY and develop bad habits, hoarseness, vocal nodules and other nasties IN NO TIME, and even though you would sound good! It is always much wiser to invest a little bit of your money/time to face-to-face lessons rather than wasting the same amount of money (or even more!) to frequent ear-nose-throat specialist visits due to aforementioned problems, so please reconsider this. If you can't afford vocal lessons, then joining a choir is the only SAFE alternative option. And believe me, but even MANY of those who have music as their hobby DO take lessons as well! Always remember to warm up your voice properly, but please know your limits and don't overdo your voice! Remember the diaphragmatic support, do not strain your throat too much! Also, remember good body posture! Avoid fizzy drinks (burp danger), dairy products (mucus risk), caffeinated products (coffee & tea included, they dry up your throat) and spicy food (irritation risk)! You can consume these things, but NEVER before singing! Do NOT shout, yell, scream nor otherwise abuse your voice AT ANY TIME! Also, please respect your vocal range; if your teacher says you are, say, more of an alto (baritone if you are male), then you ARE more of an alto (baritone).

However: DO NOT try to imitate anyone famous, that will usually give you just bad habits and even damage your throat. You are YOU and your voice is unique, so please learn to cherish that. The world does NOT need copycats.

Do NOT sing, whisper, shout, yell nor scream if having a sore throat/cold/flu, Also, do speak as little as you can if you have flu/cold/sore throat! Remember to drink at least 2 litres of room-temperature still water every day, not just during singing days! Smoking is a big no-no, as is inhaling secondhand smoke. Also, avoid staying in dusty and/or moldy environment.

There you go, leave it or take it, but self-help is as DANGEROUS as trying to perform a minor surgery on oneself after watching how it is done in an episode of Chicago Hope or Holby City. And, sometimes one needs to sacrifice things in order to find the best vocal teacher for oneself.

Source(s): a student of speech-language-voice therapy