? asked in SportsCricket · 4 years ago

Will ICC be able to include cricket in the future olympics ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Actually the ball is in ICC's court. T20 format is well and truly eligible for Olympics as per IOC but the ICC , especially the Big 3, more specifically the BCCI .is reluctant.

Here's the update-

" The biggest obstacle to cricket’s appearance at the 2024 Games — with the venue yet to be decided — remains the BOARD OF CONTROL FOR CRICKET IN INDIA (BCCI), who are reluctant to cede any control of the sport to the Indian Olympic Association and have no need for extra government funding. "

Are we surprised? Global development of the sport is the last thing on ICC's mind. Profit first!

• Login to reply the answers
  • To be included, enough countries have to play the game and they need to put forward world standard teams who are prepared to pay for the honour of competing. A lot of countries play the 50 over game, but it is played by professionals. With lucrative alternatives available like the IPL, it's doubtful whether enough players would be prepared to compete without being paid.

• 4 years ago

Long term crickets are good, if they propose olympics, they will make the game more shorter version. Which is harmful for cricket.

• 4 years ago

It won't be up to ICC, it will be the primary decision of the IOC, and I can't see ICC turning them down.I would love to see it however but I am not holding out any hope.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

it's time to put cricket in icc event list

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I hope not , track and field , swimming , boxing is all that is needed

• 4 years ago

i hope and pray for this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.