Advice for an aspiring musician please!!?

I'm a total music obsessed melomaniac. I play electric and acoustic guitar, keyboard/piano, bass, ukulele, and want to learn drums and violin. I don't go anywhere without my music and a pair of earbuds or else I'll be really cranky. So to put my talents and obsession to good use, I've decided I want... show more I'm a total music obsessed melomaniac. I play electric and acoustic guitar, keyboard/piano, bass, ukulele, and want to learn drums and violin. I don't go anywhere without my music and a pair of earbuds or else I'll be really cranky. So to put my talents and obsession to good use, I've decided I want to be a professional musician. Only problem is that I've been trying to write songs for about 4 years now. (I'm now 17) I'm horrible at writing lyrics. And my composing skills are slightly shy of what it takes to be amazing. Music is how I want to express myself and my feelings. It's what I love and it's my passion. But I get so discouraged because I don't want to only play other people's songs. I want to have my own voice for once in my life. A voice that people will listen to. I want to be heard for once! I know lots of talented pro musicians had the same struggles I have had growning up. But did they all have natural talent for music? Most of my lyrical taste comes from Eminem and Twenty One Pilots. I sing but I don't rap. (But I freaking love rap!) I like Jeff Williams who composes music for Rooster Teeth, I believe. I listen to mostly rock, punk, metal, ska, and alternative. I'm not in a band but I would love to be. I wish I weren't so shy, I would have started one already. Are these problems all musicians have? Or do I not have what it takes? I'm not giving up no matter what though so I'll get what it takes if I don't have it. Any advice is greatly appriciated ♡.
4 answers 4