Zack asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 years ago

What's the true history behind the Confederate states of America?

I'll let you know first off that I am a "conspiracy theorist", Through the deep web I have discovered disturbing crimes and things the United States government has done, so why should I trust them with history?. Since history is written by the victor, and the Union won, how do we really know what happened in the 1860's?. I've heard that Kennedy AND Lincoln were assassinated because they tried to do something or change something in the Federal system, I also hear that is what started the war between the North and the South: That the South was trying to change the Fed and the North didn't want them to, I also suppose that is why they made the Confederates a stereotype that is dumb and is always related with the KKK, that way people will think little of them so they can't rise up again. I leave it up to you guys to tell me the true history behind the confederacy.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would like to list many of the crimes committed by Lincoln and his Administration.

Also Lincoln's Violations of the US Constitution.

The Presidential oath of office that Lincoln swore to was "to preserve, protect and defend" the Constitution of the US.

I apologize up front for truthful, accurate, factual posts here that may hurt any Lincoln fan's feelings...

Secession of states was not prohibited by the US Constitution at that time. Therefore it was completely legal for states to decide

#1 Lincoln ordered the military blockade of Southern ports.

This an act of war.

Only Congress can do that.

At that time Lincoln certainly violated the US Constitution.

#2 Lincoln ordered hundreds of Northern newspapers who dared to speak out against him to be shut down. And their owners and editors were arrested for disloyalty.

This is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution that Lincoln swore to uphold.

#3 Lincoln ordered the arrest of Ohio Congressman Clement Vallandigham for the crime of speaking out against him.

Can you imagine that?

#4 Ex parte Merryman,

Chief Justice of the US Roger Taney, sitting as a judge of the United States Circuit Court for the District of Maryland, ruled that Lincoln had violated the US Constitution when he illegally suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

After hearing this Lincoln signed an arrest warrant to have the Chief Justice of the US arrested.

#5 US Constitution Article lll...

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them.

Lincoln committed treason.

Lincoln waged war upon his own country. Unless one considers secession legal and the Confederacy was a sovereign nation.

#6 Lincoln sent Union troops door to door in areas of Maryland, a Union state, to confiscate weapons.

This is a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

Many Constitutional violations against Maryland

'Maryland my Maryland' was published calling Lincoln a tyrant and a despot and a vandal.

Lincoln as already mentioned, trashed the Constitution by suspending the Writ of Habeas Corpus and sending troops door to door confiscating weapons in areas of Maryland.

Maryland was a Union state.

Lincoln ordered the arrest of thousands Marylanders for the crime of 'suspected Southern sympathies'.

Lincoln ordered the arrest of US Congressman Henry May representing Maryland. #7

Lincoln also had arrested...

Most of the Maryland State Legislature #8

Most of the Baltimore city council #9

The police commissioner of Baltimore #10

The mayor of Baltimore #11

Thousands of prominent Maryland citizens. #12

These people were arrested and held in Military prisons, without trial, some of them for years.

This trashing of the Constitution upset many Marylanders. One of them was named Booth.

Committing so many crimes against Maryland would end up giving Lincoln a big "headache".

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

April 25 1861, When it looks as though Maryland may secede from the Union, Lincoln sends a letter to General Winfield Scott giving him permission to bombard Maryland's Cities.

This war criminal Lincoln couldn't wait to bombard innocent civilians. We call that Terrorism these days.

#13 Lincoln issues the Emancipation Proclamation.

This is a direct violation of the US Constitution and the US Supreme Courts decision on the matter.

#14 The Lincoln administration allowed the taking of private property for public use without just compensation or due process of law.

This is a clear violation of the 5th Amendment.

A prime example is the Union army stealing Robert E Lees home, Arlington House, which they used as Headquarters.

Since dead Union soldiers were stacking up like cordwood, they started burying them in Lee's yard. There were so many Union soldiers graves here, this was to become Arlington National Cemetery.

#15 The Lincoln Administration routinely used water torture against the thousands of Union prisoners arrested and jailed without trail.

This violates the 8th Amendment,

"Cruel and unusual punishment".

#16 Lincoln was Commander-in-Chief of an Army whose invasion of the South resulted in the deaths of 50,000 Southern civilians.

And Only a war Monger would destroy a whole town meriden no longer exists

After the destruction of the economic and military infrastructure of Meridian, Sherman is reported to have said, "Meridian with its depots, store-houses, arsenal, hospitals, offices, hotels, and cantonments no longer exists all for Nothing there was No CSA army there

• 4 years ago

For the true history you will have to do your own digging.

A great deal has been written about the war, from the Union side, the Confederate side and from neutral foreign observers. The war was exceptionally well documented not only from field reports and newspapers but also from eyewitness accounts. Historians dig through primary records to gather evidence. In the case of the Civil War, these are the government documents of both the Union and Confederate armies, speeches made by generals and politicians, photographs, diaries, and even letters. Sometimes what is not said is as important as what is said. For instance, atrocities involving rape would have made excellent propaganda to use against the enemy, but in the Civil War there seems to have been very little rape. Either side would have used such episodes to mock the enemy as barbarians, but it simply didn't happen. Learning to read between the lines takes practice.

Any argument that the war was not about slavery is easily tossed out: the secession documents of South Carolina and other states clearly state that the reason is slavery. This is why state documents are useful.

• 4 years ago

It was never about slavery.

It was all about ( drum roll ) MONEY !

Particularly about tarriffs collected on foreign goods.

All the money coming in from every port in the country were supposed to be divided equally.

But the south, having twelve-month ports, thought they were entitled to a little more.

Good argument, most civil War historians think. The cost of maintaining a year round facility should have intitled them to a bit more of the proceeds.

So they quit sending in the money.

Lincoln was preparing to send in an army of accountants, to start seizing the ports, and thus the money.

Them Good ol' Southern Boys, thought it would be best if they kicked them the H E double hockey sticks out of Dodge, Fort Sumter wise.

My great, great, great, great grandmother was there.

She was a milkmaid.

The attack of Fort Sumter was supposed to go down on the first of April, 1861. However when my grandmother showed up on that date with a wagon full of milk cans, for the soldiers in the fort,

she talked the South's commanding general into putting it off his idioticy for a few days so she could collect, and then sell her cows.

Thus the war started on the12th.

Source(s): Ol' Nana could be very persuasive, I guess.
  • Bob B
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Let me put it to you like this: the US federal government does not, and never has had, a monopoly on history. Most historians are employed by private universities and organisations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The CSA establishment was according the Constitution. 100%

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Trump's great, great, great grandfather owned a slave he stole from Hillary's family. Then they started fighting.

• 4 years ago

the confederacy started as a result of the north telling the south they cant have slaves. most consipracy theories are a load of crap so you should stop being a conspiracy theorist. lincoln did abuse his power but he was killed because he ruined the south. kennedy was killed by lbj because lbj broke the law and didnt want to get caught

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.