I can't eat fruit or vegetables?

Ever since I was a really little kid, like 2 or 3, any time my parents would put in fruits and veggies with my meal, I would always put it in my mouth, chew it, and spit it out. I did this for years, and when they tried forcing me to eat it I'd just throw up every where. Like I hated the taste and couldn't stand the feeling of it going in my mouth and down my throat. This continued on until well, now. I can put a fruit or veggie in my mouth and like the flavor, but it makes me gag trying to swallow it. Tried eating carrots a week ago, I vomited all over the table. I couldn't even hold it in! I'm 18 now, btw.

All I can eat is meat or any other kinds of foods that aren't fruits and veggies. So I eat beef, fried chicken, pork, fried fish and shrimp. I eat ramen noodles, sausage gumbo and sausage spaghetti. I eat peanut butter sandwiches, cereal, pizza, etc. If I can't physically eat fruits or veggies with my diet...would a V8 drink or a fruit smoothie give me what I need as if I would have eaten actual fruits and veggies? I could also start to take vitamins. I just cant EAT fruits or veggies. After all the times I choked and gagged on them I'm now afraid to even try anymore.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to go slow. Start with bananas, watermelon, sweet fruits. Put some strawberries and peaches in a blender with ice and make a smoothie. How i started to eat lettuce is i would eat it on a burger or take a bite of meat then lettuce then meat again

• 3 years ago

You barfed from eating carrots? You need mental help.

• Terof3 years agoReport

Unless you haven't heard, some people just don't like the flavor of certain or many foods, okay!?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.