Are swirl marks covered under paintwork warranty?

I have a 2013 Audi A3 and it has just passed the 3 year warranty and 3 year paintwork warranty, but still is covered under the 12 year body protection warranty (rust, corrosion and perforation)

I recently wiped my car with a cloth when it was dusty and then it's created swirl marks!

Would this be considered as a paintwork defect and would Audi repair this free of charge?

Also, I have zinc blisters on the passenger side door, would this be considered under the 12 year warranty for rust and corrosion or paintwork?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

No, 3 years doesnt cover actual paint damage in which case swirls in the paint is a type of damage not related to what the warranty covers. Usually over buffing it with a bad pad causes that

But you should ACTUALLY visit your local dealership & ask them. If your a repeat customer that buys maintenance packages & lets the dealership service the car all the time. Some times they will go that extra mile to hook you up. but if you never set foot in the dealership, your on your own

It wouldn't have been covered the day the car came off the assembly line. This is NOT a defect covered by the warranty. It is the DIRECT result of YOUR actions. That cloth was NOT clean, and whatever was on it caused the swirling.

• g

"I recently wiped my car with a cloth when it was dusty and then it's created swirl marks!"

Warranties do not cover damage caused by neglect or self inflicted damage.

No, it would be considered customer damage and no warranty covers that.