Which world university ranking system is better: AWRU, US News and Weekly Global, or QS?

I'm tempted to believe that QS is heavily flawed due to the reputation scores, but I want more insight.

• Favorite Answer

Don't forget also THE (Times Higher Education).

There's no 'best', they all take a slightly different view of things, hence why the results vary. I think the 'best' thing to do is to look at all the rankings to see if there's any consensus, and if not, try to understand why not.

But for what it's worth, I like QS because it goes into more detail in terms of subjects, and also has different rankings such as the regional ones and the 'best 50 under 50'.

I'm not a huge fan of ARWU, because they have a very strong bias for USA.

The two British ranking lists, QS and THE, are so biased and flawed that they are two worst among global rankings. In fact they are just tools to promote UK higher education. You can read University Ranking Watch blog to get more information.

• zofia

Would be interested in finding out more on this too