Atheists, do you believe in INCOME TAX CUTS?

Favorite Answer

Anything less than taxing the rich at negative rates while taxing the poor at more than 100% is a communist dictatorship of DEATH. FACT.

Atheists fall all along the political spectrum, from Marxists on one hand to Ayn Rand style objectivists on the other. A persons political/economic viewpoints is separate from and unrelated to their atheism.

Having said that, speaking personally I would like to see an increased marginal tax rate. It is worth noting that the highest marginal tax rate thus far was under a Republican president, Eisenhower (91%!)

I would hope everyone understands what a marginal tax rate is... but Ill throw in a link just in case.

The country needs a certain level of revenue which has to be raised through taxation. Personally, I would rather pay that through direct taxation than indirect taxation.

Where I live taxes are relatively high, but there is universal healthcare. I don't need to fork out cash every time I visit a GP. I'd rather have high taxes and responsible government spending than live in a country where healthcare is only available to the rich...

?: Burkina Faso probably has a better healthcare system than USA. That should be downright embarrassing but most Americans seem to be proud of it for some reason. No offence to the folks from Burkina Faso...

Everybody does.

Tax revenue is political. I believe income tax policy brings in revenue and regulates both socially beneficial and socially harmful business and financial decisions.

only when there is proof of them

If income taxes are too high.