Does Access Florida need everyone in my households income to file for disability.?

Because I live with my parents & they are not going to pay my bills. I wouldn't want them to, Why would I need to include them when I file for disability. They are retired & live on a fixed income. When Access Florida disability say household income on there application they mean like spouse's income right.

• Tom V
    Favorite Answer

You have to report your household income, yes. The only way to get around this is to have a lease agreement between you and your parents to rent a room in the house. However, if you under a certain age (I think it is 24), even that won't work, because they will presume you getting some support from your parents. But if this is for SSDI, it won't matter, because all Access Florida does is makes a disability determination. If they determine you are disabled, your parents income won't matter as far as the amount of social security disability benefits you will get.

Household income is everyone in the household, yes.

They need everyone's income. You need to include them because that is the only way that anyone can tell if you qualify for not. The most important requirement is living in a household in which the total income, of everyone in the household, is low enough.

They do not mean just you and your spouse. They mean you and anyone who lives with you.

• Ti

Access Florida is welfare. Welfare recipients are required to list ALL household members' income. That is the law.

No, they mean household income. You live there, I'm assuming rent free, therefore your parents are providing substantial support to you.