Question about ESD on pc components!!?

I let my friend help on my pc cable management and he was wearing socks and touched on my ram that is installed to motherboard which he made static shock on it.

And my question is that, will it going to damage the rest on my components that is installed to the motherboard?

Favorite Answer

I seriously doubt that today's CPU will be erased or corrupted by one incident but!!!

Listen carefully the BIOS chip is very sensitive to static one good shock and you computer won't do a darn thing test it now before going on see if you can boot to BIOS if you can you should be fine but if not you know what happened. But do be careful while today's components are static resistant.

If you erase a critical chip like the bios you have big trouble. Ram and CPU don't have much information on them but if you erase the block that tells your bios hello I'm a 2 gig ram chip or a quadcore processor you got trouble so be careful!

Yahoo Esd

• Norm F

If nothing else has been touched then should be o.k.It is contacted with components if you have a static charge that could could destroy a component if touched.

Nylon in in underwear, carpets, or socks, etc can encourage the build up of static in you.

The build up of static is more likely in very dry atmosphere areas.

It could.