Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 years ago

Any good games for a long flight?

I'm going to be on a long flight and I was wondering if anyone has some good games i can play while on the plane? I have a iPhone and will prefer if the games where free thank you.

Favorite Answer

Well, first of all keep in mind that unless you have power at your seat, your device will quickly die. Thus, have options that are not electronic and/or carry a power bank with you.

For games, unless WiFi is available and you purchase it, you are stuck with ones that you can play solo. I play a lot of Candy Crush when I travel internationally. I also like 4 Pics 1 Word, What's the Word?, Ruzzle, Words With Friends and Jigsaw Puzzle.

If WiFi is available and you purchase the pass, you can access things such as Facebook and other social media, but can not stream from YouTube and the like. It helps pass time.

Non-electronic things that may help you pass the time: take a journal and pen, stationary to write letters on, a variety puzzle book (available at most bookstands, even in non-book stores), a sketch pad and/or adult coloring book and colored pencils, a good book to read, a magazine or two. If you have a travel partner, perhaps a deck of cards or a travel game.

Many long haul flights have entertainment available, I think on some flights you may have to pay for access but on international flights it is complimentary. It usually includes some movies and television shows, music, games, etc. on a personal entertainment screen.

You can also load your iPhone with music and reading material (Kindle app or iBooks).

It depends on what type of games you are interested in. Do you like mystery, sports, platform, fighting, racing? Currently I play Angry Birds, Pocket Planes, Pocket Trains, Plants vs. Zombies, Panda Pop. I have also played Angry Birds Star Wars version. Depending on the airline you fly, you may be able to use their in-flight entertainment system. Some people will bring a laptop or portable DVD player and watch a movie.

Whirly Word is always a good time killer.