Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 years ago

what is the best antivirus for windows 7?

Human intelligence/Paranoia. I don't allow myself to get one in the first place or know enough about how your computer works to know that a change made to your system wasn't done with your permission. Or, if you do permit it, that the changes aren't doing anything that will hurt your system.

Running a program like zsoft uninstaller before and after installing a new program is one way I track sytem changes.

i also have a virtual computer that I use when i visit questionable websites and install software i don't trust on it first. I can kill it an go back to a previous version easily, or start up another instance of it to try different things.

I also a network traffic monitor to make sure I am not broadcasting unintended information.

I am basically manually doing most of what an antiviru is supposed to be doing. I do use Microsoft's security essentials, but I don't trust any antivirus program to fully protect me.

It can be a pain, but I work in IT, so I kinda have to know this stuff.

Source(s): MCSE+i NT4.0, MCSE 2000, MCSA 2003. MCITP 2008, MCDST XP/Vista, MCITP Windows7, MCTS, MCP. VMWare VCP3, 4, 5, CompTIA A+, Server+, N+, Security+, HP Service Partner, and a few others I've picked up along the way, like Fluke CCTT and other vendor specific certifications. I have been working IT since 1998. Now I am a consultant, but my last official title was senior infrastructure systems engineer.

Avast Free Antivirus.

There are so many softwares of antivirus available in the market. But if you are looking for best and user friendly antivirus then you can go with Avast & Macfee.

Kaspersky Internet Security.

• Cullen

The best free AV software are AVG, Avast and Avira. Out of those the consistent winner in annual tests is Avira.

Your best AV is your actions whilst on line , obviously you need some protection MS essentials and Malware-bytes play together nicely , be careful where you connect to check for https in your URL and be wise with the torrents. You should be ok , oh yes don't get mouthy with OP on line you'll be fine..

Avast

MSE? (Microsoft Security Essentials)

Norton.

Trend Micro Maximum Service (purchased on eBay). Always buy any of these programs on eBay and save!)