promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 years ago

what is the best antivirus for windows 7?

64 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Human intelligence/Paranoia. I don't allow myself to get one in the first place or know enough about how your computer works to know that a change made to your system wasn't done with your permission. Or, if you do permit it, that the changes aren't doing anything that will hurt your system.

Running a program like zsoft uninstaller before and after installing a new program is one way I track sytem changes.

i also have a virtual computer that I use when i visit questionable websites and install software i don't trust on it first. I can kill it an go back to a previous version easily, or start up another instance of it to try different things.

I also a network traffic monitor to make sure I am not broadcasting unintended information.

I am basically manually doing most of what an antiviru is supposed to be doing. I do use Microsoft's security essentials, but I don't trust any antivirus program to fully protect me.

It can be a pain, but I work in IT, so I kinda have to know this stuff.

Source(s): MCSE+i NT4.0, MCSE 2000, MCSA 2003. MCITP 2008, MCDST XP/Vista, MCITP Windows7, MCTS, MCP. VMWare VCP3, 4, 5, CompTIA A+, Server+, N+, Security+, HP Service Partner, and a few others I've picked up along the way, like Fluke CCTT and other vendor specific certifications. I have been working IT since 1998. Now I am a consultant, but my last official title was senior infrastructure systems engineer.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Avast Free Antivirus.

• 4 years ago

There are so many softwares of antivirus available in the market. But if you are looking for best and user friendly antivirus then you can go with Avast & Macfee.

• 4 years ago

Kaspersky Internet Security.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cullen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The best free AV software are AVG, Avast and Avira. Out of those the consistent winner in annual tests is Avira.

• 4 years ago

Your best AV is your actions whilst on line , obviously you need some protection MS essentials and Malware-bytes play together nicely , be careful where you connect to check for https in your URL and be wise with the torrents. You should be ok , oh yes don't get mouthy with OP on line you'll be fine..

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Avast

• 4 years ago

MSE? (Microsoft Security Essentials)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Norton.

• 4 years ago

Trend Micro Maximum Service (purchased on eBay). Always buy any of these programs on eBay and save!)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.