What is the best rifle caliber for precision shooting to 1 mile and further?

Looking for a caliber that is relatively cheap to purchase and/or has comparatively inexpensive and readily available materials for hand loading. So, immediately, 338 LM and 50 BMG are out! Suggestions? Also, when judging how efficient ANY round will be at a distance, is muzzle velocity,ballistic coefficient, or... show more Looking for a caliber that is relatively cheap to purchase and/or has comparatively inexpensive and readily available materials for hand loading. So, immediately, 338 LM and 50 BMG are out! Suggestions? Also, when judging how efficient ANY round will be at a distance, is muzzle velocity,ballistic coefficient, or other more important? What is the formula?Thank you, guys...
Update: Should ALSO add relatively good barrel life to the equation
Update 2: OK, getting tired of the intentionally abusive and unhelpful responses. I AM new to long-range shooting. I have only gained recent interest in the field after having taken deer-sized game at 300 yards for years now. I ask ALL questions anonymously, so please don't assume I am trolling. If I knew the answers to... show more OK, getting tired of the intentionally abusive and unhelpful responses. I AM new to long-range shooting. I have only gained recent interest in the field after having taken deer-sized game at 300 yards for years now. I ask ALL questions anonymously, so please don't assume I am trolling. If I knew the answers to these questions, I wouldn't be asking them. One can be thoroughly competent in one facet of shooting, and a complete novice in another. For anyone TRULY attempting to help, thank you much.