Are there single bedroom apartments for around 350-450 in rent anywhere? No one seems to list apartments that cheap?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

looking at your other questions, it seems that you need higher education, trade, or military, to increase your job earnings.

that said, i was college educated and 28 years old before i could afford a 1 bedroom apartment of my own, without roommates.

my first place, at age 18, was six girls in a two bedroom apartment (six twin beds) , if that gives you any perspective. my share of the rent was 144 a month in california, in 1981. i drove a beater car, which i wrecked my sophomore year, and used a bicycle or public transportation, for the remainder of the time in irvine.

******you will not start adult life with a room of your own, let alone an apartment of your own.*****

*** you will not start life where your parents are now financially****

as you move up the property ladder, then you will have a room of your own, say, in a shared two or three bedroom apartment. might consider renting a room in someone's house.

i lived in a tent for three years while poking my way around the national park service, as a park ranger (sequoia, Yosemite, and Santa monica mountains national recreation area)

at age 28, my last communal living situation was in a derelict 10 bedroom mansion called dentler house in houston texas medical center, full of medical and graduate students, where i rented a closed in back porch of my own (still in a sleeping bag, with an ensolite pad). then i got a good paying job in a chemical plant as a chemist, where, finally, i got a one bedroom apartment of my own at age 28.

i now own a house, and gawd help us,... furniture. and cats.

i would say that your mom is making life too easy for you and she is doing you a disservice by not pushing you out of the nest. and you won't get a girlfriend while rotting in your parent's house. you are not having any adventures.

you are right on schedule for a 21 year old. this dissatisfaction is normal and healthy and should be your great motivator to get on with your life. what are your education/training plans?

i know a bunch of young people who live an interesting, itinerant life in the national parks, and ski resorts. they do "crash space/sleeping bag" in the cold of winter and white cargo vans with a mattress in them to live in in the summer. i spent a lot of time with them this past summer while volunteering with an outward bound type of program at donner summit.

listen to the grey haired old lady....life is happening, get up and join it.

edit: have you considered going into apartment leasing/managing/maintaining? free housing as part of the compensation package.

you might also enjoy airline host/hostess, like southwest. get your foot in the door with an airline.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Rent-To-Own Home : http://renttoownhome.iukiy.com/?vHzT
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Even renting a room is likely to cost more than that.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Nope. Not in most areas across the US. Rents will be cheaper in small towns & bad neighborhoods were people do not want to live. You want rent that low - buy a bullet proof vest.

California?! You must be kidding! Oh you are really are that naive? Get a clue. You cannot rent a cardboard box for that in one of the most expensive states in the US. You cannot even rent a room for that in most areas of CA.

Zillow is notoriously unreliable & out dated.

Source(s): Landlord since 2006. I managed property in a small town in Oregon & even out in the boonies rents were never that low.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

if there are , they won't be very nice apts and might be in undesirable areas. that was low rent 15 years ago

• 5 years ago

..anywhere in the entire world?

In any particular currency?

There is no international rent.

• 5 years ago

Yes, many places - even in California. Here's one for $325 near San Bernardino - below your budget.

However, some are leaving California due to crime and drug gangs. Better to go someplace safe like Nebraska.

Here's one in Aurora Colorado for $350 -- http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/NE/house,cond...

• 5 years ago

The rents you are quoting would be based on the region of the United States in which you would want to stay.

Web sites might be a good place to find an apartment or house to rent, if you want to go through the entire list to find one in your city and state.

The best place to look for places to rent is to go to the yellow pages of your telephone book, look under property managers.

You might also Google Property managers in whatever city or community you want to live in and see what comes up. Do not pay for these list or information as it is free from reputable property managers.

These individuals list properties for rent in certain areas, so make sure you select the areas in which you wish to rent.

Call several of the property managers listed there, tell them you want a list of properties that they have for rent. Some will fax, email or mail the list of local places to rent along with the address, number of bedrooms and bath rooms, amenities available, such as washer and dryers or gyms, the monthly rental of the unit. Most will include a rental application. These list will include the monthly rental required, if a lease or month to month agreement will be signed. They will also indicate if they will accept Section 8 vouchers. They will also indicate it they have disabled access, allow pets and if so the type allowed.

They might indicate a web site that you might visit to get their list of places to rent. In most instances you would be able to see a visual picture of the rental that are offered for rent.

It does not cost to get a rental list from a reputable property manager. Some will require you to stop by their office and pick up the list. A lot of them post their list outside of their office, so the list are available 24/7 365.

Make sure you don't fall for the scams and purchase a list as 70%-80% of these list are composed of free list they have compiled. They are not the property managers of any property in most instances.

You might consider obtaining a crime report from the city in which you would want to reside.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

• 5 years ago

yes,, in South West VA and North East TN

• 5 years ago

Delhi has apartments like that.

After Comment:

Delhi, India ofcourse...

After More Commentary:

You left off the critical detail of *where* you wanted to live. What in god's name made you think we would just know you meant in California? I took for granted that you couldn't possibly be stupid enough to think you'd find a place that cheap in California. I apologize. You truly are that stupid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.