3 life lessons in looking for alaska by john green?

i have a project in school to pick a book and talk about 3 life lessons, but they have to be specific and i dont really know how to word the life lessons in this book. i know some are: The labyrinth is a mystery, you should seek the great perhaps, etc but i dont know how to put it into words people who havent read the book will understand.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

•Life is always unexpected. You'll never know what would happen next. But, always remember to seize the day, and live your life to the fullest as long as you're alive.

(The labyrinth, a symbol for life, is a great mystery. It is always unexpected)

•Friendship is very important. When everything just seems falling down, you can always count on them to lift you up. And when they need you, you should also help them in the best way you can.

(The title, Looking for Alaska, signifies Alaska's friends searching for her true purpose of dying.)

•You should not dwell in the past too much. If someone dies, move on. If someone begs your forgiveness, accept it. Never hold grudges to people.

(The letter made by Miles in the last pages. “So I know she forgives me, just as I forgive her.” This is when Miles realize that he doesn't need to be angry at Alaska for killing herself.)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You should write about these themes; existence and self discovery, mortality and friendship.

Miles goes through self discovery and has the most character development in the book. You could connect this point to beauty standards/ self acceptance etc.

Most people don't seem to realise how much death affects our lives. The book basically shows us that death is inevitable an we should live life to the fullest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.