O2 sensor not fitting in the electric port where the wires plug in?

I have an o2 sensor that I just purchased for my 04 jeep wrangler, it is the correct sensor (234-4588 part number) however, it will not fit into the electric plug in port. The o2 sensor itself fits like a charm in the threads (where it screws in) I know it's the correct sensor and for the correct location, is... show more I have an o2 sensor that I just purchased for my 04 jeep wrangler, it is the correct sensor (234-4588 part number) however, it will not fit into the electric plug in port. The o2 sensor itself fits like a charm in the threads (where it screws in) I know it's the correct sensor and for the correct location, is there anyway to go about fixing this without dumping even more money into a simple project such as this??
Update: I do have the old sensor I did a side by side comparison between the two. The original ones port has wider notches for the plug to insert The one I have now has smaller notches and lines up with all but the one on the end This vehicle was previously owned and they kind of rigged a lot of things. They changed... show more I do have the old sensor I did a side by side comparison between the two. The original ones port has wider notches for the plug to insert The one I have now has smaller notches and lines up with all but the one on the end This vehicle was previously owned and they kind of rigged a lot of things. They changed factory wiring, and even the plugins. I cant contact the previous owner to see what they have done. So now Im at a loss. It seems I can get another fitting to replace the one that doesnt fit
Update 2: It is the correct sensor. I broke down and took it to someone who knows what they're talking about because I've not a clue when it comes to wiring and what not. Turns out, it was literally just the male end on the wiring harness (attached to the car) /sigh. He traded it out for the one that is supposed to... show more It is the correct sensor. I broke down and took it to someone who knows what they're talking about because I've not a clue when it comes to wiring and what not. Turns out, it was literally just the male end on the wiring harness (attached to the car) /sigh. He traded it out for the one that is supposed to be there, now my check engine light is off, and it's back to running like a charm. Thanks for all of the help and information guys :D