Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 years ago

Does smoking Marijuana make your Brain re-grow brain cells?

I heard my Uncle talking about it to my Dad.

Favorite Answer

Alright, pretty much everyone above me is are idiots and dont know what theyre talking about. Let me clear this up for you.

It has not been actually proven that marijuana makes you brain regrow cells. Studies done on the subject have POINTED TO THAT POSSIBILITY. But nothing is conclusive as of right now.

On the other hand, it wont kill brain cells either. The THC chemical in marijuana travels to your brain when you eat or smoke the plant, and there it connects with special brain cells called Cannabinoid receptors. The THC then lightly coats these cells and in effect sort of tickles them, thereby getting you high. There is no damage caused to the brain at all and its possible that it might help re-grow brain cells, but as I said, nothings been proven yet.

Hope that helps.

Peace

Ok. I know weed does a lot, but there's no way it re-grows brain cells. It kills brain cells. It doesn't kill that many tho. Well compared to other stuff. For a day or two you might feel a little out of it, but after that you should be just as smart. At young ages it can really effect memory, but I'm pretty sure it's effects aren't longterm. I can't remember

Source(s): I know a lot about weed and not like your idiot uncle. I actually fact check this stuff. I bet he's also one of those people who believe weed isn't addictive. It's not easy to become addicted, but for SOME who are addicted it can be very difficult to stop.

No but it prevents the degeneration of brain cells because THC, CBD, CBN attach themselves to the myelin sheathing the insulates brain cells. Many degenerate brain diseases are caused by destroying myelin sheaths of the brain cells. That is why if you use cannabis you'll never get ALS, Parkinson or Alzheimer's.

As a matter of fact weed does NOT kill brain cells, but it does not regrow them.