Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 years ago

What does "3 years of professional work experience" mean?

Sorry about this other FBI question . It's just that I'm about to go into college and want to get ready . Well anyway i was on the FBI website and was researching and came across a requirement needed "3 years of professional work experience needed" I was thinking maybe a job as a police officer ? Because I'll have experience arresting and with law and stuff . Can that be a Proffesional work experience ? If not then what can ?

P.S I've worked in several stores throughout highschool is that it ? Btw ill copy what that page said down below feel free to read IF YOU WANT ..

The FBI is the lead Federal Agency for investigating terrorist threats against the United States. This responsibility includes tactical response to interdict and apprehend terrorists before they can act, and to conduct other high-risk tactical operations. The FBI has one full-time counterterrorist tactical team, the FBI Hostage Rescue Team (HRT). As an FBI Special Agent* (SA), you may become a member of the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team. Here, highly qualified and motivated FBI Special Agents volunteer to respond to challenges that are the most complex, critical, and urgent. They are a tight-knit team — highly trained, specially equipped, always prepared.

*Candidates for the position of FBI Special Agent must possess a four-year college degree and three years of professional work experience; be available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction; be between the ages of 23 and 36; be in excellent physical condition with the ability to pass a rigorous physical fitness test; and consent to a complete background investigation, drug test, and polygraph. HRT Operators are Special Agents first, and will have investigative and managerial career opportunities in the FBI following their HRT assignment. Idk if i said it yet but I'm working towards the Special Agent position and maybe after a couple years move into the HRT . Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Best Answer

It means 3 years of full time experience in a profession that would benefit you in the role you are applying for.

• Just always answer yes you meet that criteria, or your app will automatically be rejected.

• 3 years ago

3 yrs of being paid to do a job that is similar to the job you are applying for

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.