How can I download a lease agreement form for Maryland?

I need a blank lease for the State of Maryland. Does a blank form from an office supply store suffice? If there is a free form to download that would be wonderful, but the ones I see all require a fee

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately you get what you pay for, when it comes to legal forms and protection. There are some free lease agreement forms online, but they're usually generic, national lease agreement forms.

For a good Maryland lease, you could go through a real estate attorney, or you could go through a legal forms website that has state-specific forms. The site I generally use for such forms is EZ Landlord Forms, as they have a custom lease builder that helps you put together a lease with your state's legal language and that complies with your state's laws. I put a link to their Maryland page below.

Best of luck,

GBD

I heavily advise against using any free generic forms on line or from office supply stores. You have no way of knowing if they are legal for your state. Best to ask a local realtor or property manager were they get their leases at. Most do not mind helping if they are not busy.

Those office supply store leases won't be state law specific making them unreliable for being legal. The best place to get one is from your state or local board of realtors.

An office supply store will have generic forms but they might not be state specific. The online forms I have seen are not free. I would suggest that you get one from an office supply store then modify is as needed. Google "MD landlord tenant laws" and review the law.

• chris

the fee ones typical have beedn reviewed by an attoenry. the others, who knows who wrote them...