It really looks like the GOP may refuse to nominate Trump as he keeps digging his hole deeper with the public. Will there be "riots"...?

...like he promised and threatened?

Update:

go scr** yourself question moving jerkoff.

Update 2:

The only people I've seen hurt are the 6 BLM marchers shot by conservatives last November

Update 3:

question moving jerkoff is a coward and loser.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

For a long time now the GOP has been the party of 'wishful thinking'. It started with Reagan's idea that the way to balance the budget, the ONLY way, was to spend more and tax less. That idea was a spectacular failure, one of the biggest economic failures in US history, but Reagan was just SOOOO charismatic that millions of people today actually believe it worked! Since Reagan, every Republican candidate has desperately wanted to be the next Reagan, the guy who could convince people of just anything, reasonable or not. This year the wishful thinking is that Mexico will pay for a wall, that Hillary will be indicted, that the Democratic convention will dissolve in riots and teargas and rubber bullets. Listen to Republicans talk about it and you can hear that they seem to think they can make it happen if they only believe strongly enough!

Trump has really mastered this approach, blaming all our problems on blacks, Mexicans and Muslims, promising that he can solve all our problems if you just believe along with him. He can't even say HOW he'll solve any of them, it's just a matter of his personality and self-confidence (just as with Reagan!) You have to make a leap of faith, you have to believe along with him for the magic to work.

Trump has done a 'hostile takeover' of the GOP. He brought racism and intolerance out of the closet to be 'politically incorrect'. He stole the hearts of the GOP's most loyal component, Southern Protestant white working class men. The party didn't fight him because they didn't take him seriously, but now it's too late.

Now the choice is to go with Trump as their best chance, or to try to pull the rug out from under him at the risk of serious disunity in the party. Both are bad choices, but which is worse?

• Damon Lyon
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Lies that Trump said racist intolerant things do not change the truth - Liberals portray him as having said those things. The GOP did take him seriously, but he refused to side with them if he didn't get the nomination - that is why they tried backing Cruz. Why lie?

• 3 years ago

Wrong as usual, Joe. The Liberals are threatening riots. In fact, they are already having violent demonstrations against Trump because they are like spoiled children throwing huge public tantrums.

If you check, you will find that Trump carried 75% of the Conservative vote in California's primaries. Of course, you never check. You just say the things you enjoy coming out of your mouth.

The news is, the Democratic National Convention could get a little violent because of the Clinton vs. Sanders. thing. It's not just Trump that has these spastic children yelling and screaming.

• 3 years ago

Probably not because you are dealing with extremely old news. Riots will happen at the DNC, though. BLM, La Raze, associated Bernie groups and the useful gaggle f*ck of pseudo-anarchists have already submitted protest permits. Have you see the video of the Bernie retards fighting each other yet? Yeah, for the first time in 20 years, I'm actually going to watch the DNC, just for sheer entertainment value.

• dasuberding
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

That wasn't at the G7, idiot. Gotta admit, pretty darn funny though. Love you retards.

• 3 years ago

I'd be very surprised if they refuse to nominate him. I recall huge party divisions in the 64 Republican Convention (Goldwater) and the 68 Democratic Convention (Humphrey). Despite the numerous defections, no alternative nominee was chosen in either case. (In both cases, the nominee was defeated in the general election, though 68 was relatively close.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Nancy Pelosi drove the Blue Dogs out of the Democrat Party, so it is probably inevitable that Trump will drive Rinos out of the Republican Party.

• yutsnark
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

eieio, With all due respect, I don't see what one has to do with the other.

• 3 years ago

the only ones I've seen actually rioting and promising to riot are trump haters and Bernie supporters....

...really hard to take your little act seriously when this current atmosphere was almost entirely created by your kind...

• Smoking Joe
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

The only people I've seen hurt are the 6 BLM marchers shot by conservatives last November.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

They actually have no choice!

He has won enough pledged delegates to win on the first vote!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.