Yahoo Man asked in SportsBaseball · 3 years ago

If the Yankees were to fire both Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman after this season, who do you think would be good replacements?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

Beavis and Butthead.

Seriously, I don't think anyone could come in and do a worse job than Cashman and Jughead have done. Cashman's expertise is throwing money at old players and hoping they have a good season or two and, as we've seen time and time over,that just doesn't work for the long term.

Theo Epstein recently said that he let the fans and media influence some of his personnel decisions, and Cashman has admitted that fan expectations are why the Yankees overpaid for Ellsbury, Brian McCann't, Granderson, and Beltran.

Girardi has shown that he is incapable of motivating this collection of jaded divas and needs to go, as well.

Since the powers that be with the team seem to be concerned with the fans and media, bring back a couple of former Yankees to replace the two, say Donnie Baseball as manager and Al Leiter as GM.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Don Mattingly is the inevitable eventual manager of the Yankees. As for GM, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Shapiro end up there before long.

• Yahoo Man3 years agoReport

That's who I wanted back in 2008. But they picked Girardi because Mattingly didn't have the experience. He got mad so he went to the Dodgers with Torre

• Alice
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

A personal shopper with mild retardation and a trivial understanding of sports could do the job Ca$hman did.., so any old lackey would suffice. The Jerry Jones of baseball($teinbrenner) is their real GM so he'd have to be willing to sell.

• Tigger
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Brad Ausmus

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Hard to say now, but should they decide to rebuild, that may happen, especially if the Mets were to win it all.

• Deano
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Mattingly and Joe.

• Colton
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

Jorge Posada, and let him buy his own groceries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.