Emil asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

Is there really no cure or treatment for Feline Leukemia (FeLV/cat leukemia)? :-(((?

• J C
    Best Answer

No, there is not, although there are web sites who will take your money for products claiming to cure it. Some cats can live a while with it, but they are very susceptible to illnesses, and something as simple as an upper respiratory infection can get bad enough to kill them. There is no cure, and not really any reliable prevention either. The vaccine is at best 80% effective - and some studies put it at even less than that. It's also extremely contagious, and a cat with it can infect every other cat it comes into contact with.

No, not yet, unfortunately. There's a vaccine to keep cats from getting it if they're exposed, but no cure.

There's only one cure, to put the poor thing to sleep. I know it will hurt but as the Buddhists say, cause no suffering.

• Yeah I know. I had a stray that I loved and he wasn't growing very fast. He stayed kitten size for nearly a year when we found out he had feline leukemia. Sometimes the universe deals you a crappy hand, nothing you can do about it but remember the good times and be humane.

• kelvin

sure there is if it's found early enough