My hair dye is acting up?

I used to dye my hair with ion colors until recently when I switched to manic panic (yes I got it done professionally, I just bought the dye myself). Two weeks ago I got a sort of streaked-dip dye put into the bottom half of my hair (sounds weird I know but it is actually really cute). I got the color ultraviolet... show more I used to dye my hair with ion colors until recently when I switched to manic panic (yes I got it done professionally, I just bought the dye myself). Two weeks ago I got a sort of streaked-dip dye put into the bottom half of my hair (sounds weird I know but it is actually really cute). I got the color ultraviolet which is a bright purple color. When first dyed it it looked more indigo and then after washing it a bunch it at looked more purple. The last two days though I have gone swimming three times in a chlorine filled pool. Every time after I got out I would take my hair out of the hair tie (it would never stay up in a bun like I put it but it would stay semi together at least) and I would rinse the pool water out in the sink or shower with cold water. Well I put my hair down today and I noticed that the "top" and "middle" of my hair where it is dyed is still purple but the ends are turning white?! Keep in mind please that I have dark brown hair so this is very easily noticeable. Also when I got the area where the dye was going to go bleached, it never turned this color. It was a bright honey blonde kind of color. I am assuming a little that it is because my hair was in the water more on the ends (like I said with my bun coming undone). But I mean I submerged my head a ton and the rest isn't looking very faded at all, just those pesky whitening ends. Idk what to do because I want to keep swimming but I also don't want janky looking hair when I'm not swimming. Ideas?
Update: Also to add to that, I don't have the money to keep dying it a bunch. And the last hair color thing I did f***ed up miserably so I am really trying to turn it around with this dye job. Is there any way to protect the hair for the remaining color that is still left? Please keep in mind too that the color... show more Also to add to that, I don't have the money to keep dying it a bunch. And the last hair color thing I did f***ed up miserably so I am really trying to turn it around with this dye job. Is there any way to protect the hair for the remaining color that is still left? Please keep in mind too that the color isn't leaking in the pool at all as far as I can tell. Only some purple comes out when I shampoo (which I haven't done these last two pool days).
1 answer 1