? asked in HealthMental Health · 5 years ago

Is memorial day just another form of American propaganda?

• Naguru
    Favorite Answer

It is an age old tradition. Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the Union war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions, celebrated on different days, had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.

Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries. The real purpose of Memorial Day is often overshadowed by emphasis on barbecues and mattress sales.

Source(s): compiled.

Not for my family. My father is retired from the military, my brother is currently serving, and my late brother served and was killed in action in 2013. We spend the day together, remembering my late brother being grateful for the time my dad did serve, and making little care packages for my other brother. We do swim, and have a bbq, that does include alcohol, but it's not like we're getting wasted. We celebrate our freedom, and any holiday that brings a family together is a good one to me.

It seems that most Americans are just using it as a day off to go drinking and party.

• Hmmmm, do you look good with a Nazi uniform on? Would you prefer to see your mother have her parts cut off her body to see ifthey could be spliced on to an animal?And you have to watchwhile they slice her while she is fully awake??

Absolutely. 100% certainty

• y

According to the left we should be apologizing for what our brave men and women died for.

Were you born here in America? If so, show some respect.🇺🇸

No it is a day to honor are dead veterans

• DeAnne

No, we are remembering the fallen who have died serving our country.

Maybe