Can I request financial aid on 2 different programs at once?

I just started college this past March for business (18 month course online). I wanted to get my stna through the same school but i cant afford $600 at the moment. Am i able to claim financial aid on the stna as well? or do I have to wait?

• nancy
    Favorite Answer

In order to receive federal financial aid, you need to be enrolled at least half time in an eligible degree or certificate program. Assuming that both of the programs you are enrolled in are eligible for aid, you can only receive a Pell grant for one of them, but you could, theoretically receive loan funding for both. However, you won't receive any additional funding--your annual award would remain the same and just be split between the two programs. This would be highly unusual, because in most cases, the entire award would be needed to pay for one or the other of the programs, so it would make sense to just apply it all to one program. These rules apply only to federal student aid (i.e. FAFSA), and it's possible that your school may have funding of its own that you could use. Or, you may be able to apply for a private student loan from a bank or credit union to help pay for the second program.

dddddddddddddd