Steps to become a movie director? I'm now a senior in high school and I would like to know the requirments and steps.?

Favorite Answer

You pretty much have to get hired by a movie studio to be able to get your first directing job before you get more, and I am sure if you are a great director that other movie studios might also hire you to direct films. I don't know if there is a special film school you have to go with, but a lot of directors like Christopher Columbus, Steven Spielberg, and Tim Burton all would have started with their first directing jobs before getting more directing jobs. If you ever get a chance to met a director, you should ask them for advice on how for you to start your own directing career, or ask them how they got started directing. Some might have had started but doing some other work on films like editor before getting the chance to direct. One that has done that route is Raja Gosnell, he was credited as editor on films like the first two Home Alone movies and Mrs. Doubtfire, before he directed his first film which was Home Alone 3m and yes I know the time of film making career he has it, but even he had to start somewhere to. And I know that have better other directors like Tyler Perry, and M. Night Shyamalan that somehow still gets directing jobs even through they put out a lot of films that get bad reviews from movie critics.