Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 years ago

My husband offered sex to my mom after getting drunk? Please help!?

I had a very important event, my husband instead of supporting me, embarrassed me on many occasions that night in front of other people. The thing that hurt me the most was learning from others that he started sexually commenting other women ("I would f*** that ***" type of comments) when I wasn't around and said some disgusting things to my mom what he wants to do to her, he approached her couple of times when no one was around her, put his arm around her when her boyfriend was getting drinks, telling her very dirty things. He says doesn't remember those things he did or said but my heart is broken because it's hard to believe that it is just an alcohol. He claims he loves me and I'm the most important in his life but after I learned that it's not too comforting. Also when I was abroad he was rubbing her back when visited her. He was sober that time. She was weirded out if it was a "family" or "sexual" way, she doesn't know. I have never refused sex to him, always was faithful to him.. My trust is tarnished. I don't know what to do and if I ever will get over it. This is not the first time he's been like that.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I was going to go into an explanation of how alcohol allows people to drop all inhibitors and to do things they normally wouldn't do. And it could be because it is something they want to do but too afraid to act on while sober, or it could just be because they are drunk.

However, if this is not the first time he's been like that, then I would sway more to the side that he should not be trusted and uses alcohol as a means to do whatever he wants to. And then he has an excuse to act like a pig. "Oh, I was drunk, honey! I didn't mean it!".

Some people do talk nothing but smack when drunk, BUT you say he's behaved inappropriately when sober also, and that's a problem. However he feels about your mom, he should understand boundaries and what's appropriate and what isn't. You're justified in being upset. No matter how much he loves you, that doesn't make it okay to touch or flirt with any other women, especially his MIL. Not to mention, being drunk doesn't excuse his comments and actions at the event. He could benefit from some counseling and in learning his drinking limits.

Not sure what kind of help you expect. You two can try to work this out (a marriage counselor might be able to help) or you can consider it a deal breaker, and part ways. It's up to you.

I don't know if I believe this or not. Drunks do really stupid things, but a MIL would straighten him out immediately for his insulting suggestions and slap him silly if he started this physical rubbish with her.

• ???

It's not the first time he's been like that? He knew it was an important night and got hammered? He hit on your MOTHER? It's time to call a lawyer.

I'm not sure what help we can give YOU. Your husband regularly comes on to your own mother. If it's advice you're looking for, mine is, put your foot down and stop accepting excuses. Stop putting up with it.

• ?

just so u know, drunks act out sober thought. yeah he knew what he did. he remembers it all believe me

• ?

What is your mum's response?

• Willie

Did she accept?