Male bird is "nesting"/maybe sick?!?

My male bird is about 6 years old and has recently been acting weird. He is sitting in the corner of his cage facing the wall and sleeping there almost all day. This has been happening for a few days now. He preens and sleeps and then occasionally eats and drinks. I let him roam free in my room so usually he is on... show more My male bird is about 6 years old and has recently been acting weird. He is sitting in the corner of his cage facing the wall and sleeping there almost all day. This has been happening for a few days now. He preens and sleeps and then occasionally eats and drinks. I let him roam free in my room so usually he is on my dresser or on his "tower" (a mesh closet hang thing that I attached to the ceiling so he can go high up if he wants). When he sleeps he usually goes up onto his perch but he has been staying in the bottom for the most part. He is the love of my life and my world and I am scared that something is very wrong. I am also very low income so I worry that I won't be able to pay for an emergency vet visit. Is there any idea of what could be causing this??
Update: This has never happened before in the whole time that I have owned him.
1 answer 1