Why do I keep having reaccuring nightmares ?

This has been a problem for me for about 6 months now. It's very scary, and the dreams are all about being in school and the school getting shot up, there are slightly different but the same concept. Somebody help .

Favorite Answer

Marissa I would ask you to take a look at the crazy world we live in today with an airplane being blown up over the Mediterraean Sea, other countries gaining access to nuclear weapons, dishonest politicians being prosecuted, etc...and then the local news...killings and murders, and all kinds of despicable crimes.. Awful stuff is happening to the human race. I hope we manage to survive. Sensitive souls like yours "take all this to heart," and it comes out in worry in dreams at night. The best way I have found to deal with this is to turn off the news, and to stop playing the crazy video games, and to watch comedies on TV, or old TV programs like Columbo, Cheers, the cat and mouse Cartoons. etc.....Watch for a week at least. Just do nothing but input zany happy jokes and comedy shows into your brain, and soon your dreams will change to happier things. Remember "Garbage in, Garbage out." Keep this in mind, so if you ever get hooked into 2 hours of random horror news at night, you can stop the dreams quickly by switching what you put into your Brain...Watch good TV, and good stuff on your ipad, movies, etc. I wish you well Marissa!