Can you put honeycomb IN a baked cheesecake?

I want to know if you can put honeycomb in a cheesecake and bake it or if it will totally disintegrate and lose its crunch?

Also, if used as a topping, how long will it remain crunchy?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Like nuts and chocolate chips/pieces the CC batter get up to about 250 d F, I cook mine slower at 300 d F or 150 d C, for the honeycomb/ sponge toffee it will not melt entirely but soften, it depends on the size of chunks you add and the temperature of the oven, I have used a Skor toffee chip here in Canada and white chocolate morsels the bigger ones, they have stayed intact, just bake you cake at 275 to 300 d F for 1 or 1 1/2 hours, I use a water bath method too, it may seem a bit soft, but it cooks for about 15 minutes out of the oven, cool it and chill before serving the bits will still be visible, and a bit soft.

• 4 years ago

Is this the cereal or an actual honeycomb?

You could make the crust out of Honeycomb the cereal and you could use honey as the sweetener but not the actual honeycomb.

Honeycomb of any type will get soft if mixed into the cheesecake batter.

And you really do not want wax mixed in with either the crust or the batter if you are meaning the actual honeycomb.

• 4 years ago

You can totally do that, but it will be soft and a bit gooey, not crunchy. It's good like that--think honeycomb ice cream. The topping won't stay crunchy overnight in the fridge. Put it on right before you're going to serve it.

• 4 years ago

Do you mean Honeycomb the cereal or the sponge toffee?Either way it won't stay crunchy in the cheesecake.Use it on top.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robyn
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

It would likely disintegrate. You could try crushing it and mixing it with the crust and it might still provide that flavor and crunch.

• 4 years ago

?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.