What are some amazing facts about airplanes?
- Timbo is hereLv 74 years agoFavorite Answer
1 So is landing
2 Air is filtered by the same equipment used in hospitals
3. Airliners do if only to hit the switches to make the auto pilot work
4. The door is bigger than the hole and has to open inward - even unlatched in flight it would take several people to open it
5 Nothing is indestructible
6 More turbulence due to more CO2 in the air
7. Pilots do eat airline food but are not allowed to have the same meal option as one another due to the possibility of poisoning getting them both
8.True - but if required that is plenty of time for the plane to drop to a height that makes the air available breathable with no ill effects
9. Wrong - they are so so cheap that they are not re - used
10. No one can say how old you think the plane is so cannot be true
11 Just plane wrong - though occasionally they may be
12 Airliners can fly safely with an engine off and are designed to.
The Lockheed Blackbird SR71 could fly at around 3 times the speed of sound
The Anglo-French Concorde was the fastest airliner at about twice the speed of sound but never made any money and is now out of service
One the most deadly airplane accidents actually happened on the ground. In 1977, two fully loaded planes carrying a total of over 600 passengers collided head-on in the middle of the runway in what is now known as the Tenerife Accident, named after Tenerife Island where the accident occurred. Over 500 people died.
One windshield or window frame of a Boeing 747-400’s cockpit costs as much as a BMW.
The world’s smallest jet is the BD-5 Micro. Its wingspan is 14–21 feet and weighs just 358 pounds
The tires of a Boeing KC-135 jet tanker’s landing gear consist of 8 main gear wheels and two nose wheels. This is enough material to make 100 automobile tires.
The Antonov AN-225 cargo jet is the largest plane in the world. It is nearly as big as a football field from nose to tail and wing tip to wing tip. It was originally built to transport a space plane.
In the United States, 2 million passengers board more than 30,000 flights—every day.
The risk of being killed in a plane crash for the average American is 1 in 11 million. The risk of being killed in a car accident is 1 in 5,000.
In 1947, Chuck Yeager became the first person to fly faster than the speed of sound.
- 4 years ago
1. Sometimes there r some pretty women on the plane.
2. You can use the internet on some flights.
3. There are some female pilots.
4. An F-22 can shoot down a MIG-19
5. In contrast, a Su-35 can shoot down an F-4 Phantom
6. They sometimes play some movies on the play... I like Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman.
7. They have bottled water.. my favorite thing.
8. Some coke and sprite too.
9. No cockroaches!!!!
10. No rats on the plane!!
11. They also give you some free orange juice
- 4 years ago
1. Takeoff is a very dangerous time.
2. It's a germ overload.
3. Planes technically don't need a pilot.
4. It's doom if that emergency door gets unlatched.
5. The black box can be destroyed.
6. There's more risk of turbulence now than ever before.
7. Pilots don't eat airline food.
8. Oxygen masks won't last for more than 15 minutes.
9. Those earphones were plugged into somebody else's ears.
10. The planes are not as new as you think.
11. The pilot is often exhausted.
12. You might be flying in a plane with the engine down.
- BarryLv 64 years ago
Airliners typically cruise at about 550 mph and can often find a high altitude tailwind that can boost that speed by another 100 mph.
If an airliner lost all engine power during cruise, it could glide for about 100 miles to reach a landing site.
The air temperature outside of a cruising airliner is about 65 degrees F below zero.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 4 years ago
Every airplanes have exact timing and be on time.
- FoxLv 74 years ago
the fact that metal machines that weigh hundreds of tons can leave the ground simply because of the creation of the airfoil and a few simple scientific principles
- WRGLv 74 years ago
Aircraft have a perfect safety record. We never left one up there.
- Haze grayLv 74 years ago
They don't really fly, they are mearly a crude form of levitation.
- Vincent GLv 74 years ago
Every component is made by the lowest bidder.