Up asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 4 years ago

OOPS! CIA INSPECTOR GENERAL'S OFFICE ADMITS IT 'MISTAKENLY' DESTROYED ITS ONLY COPY OF SENATE TORTURE REPORT...yup..no conspiracy? right?

lol...you govt defenders are a hoot.

SOURCE: YAHOO NEWS

The CIA inspector general’s office — the spy agency’s internal watchdog — has acknowledged it “mistakenly” destroyed its only copy of a mammoth Senate torture report at the same time lawyers for the Justice Department were assuring a federal judge that copies of the document were being preserved, Yahoo News has learned.

While another copy of the report exists elsewhere at the CIA, the erasure of the controversial document by the office charged with policing agency conduct has alarmed the U.S. senator who oversaw the torture investigation and reignited a behind-the-scenes battle over whether the full unabridged report should ever be released, according to multiple intelligence community sources familiar with the incident.

The deletion of the document has been portrayed by agency officials to Senate investigators as an “inadvertent” foul-up by the inspector general. In what one intelligence community source described as a series of errors straight “out of the Keystone Cops,” CIA inspector general officials deleted an uploaded computer file with the report and then accidentally destroyed a disk that also contained the document, filled with thousands of secret files about the CIA’s use of “enhanced” interrogation methods.

yup..no backup..but NSA has all your emails backed up for 10 years...lol

Favorite Answer

Lead by example. If I ever get audited I'll just accidently lose my tax documents. It will be an inadvertent mistake, and I'll be very sorry, but oh well - nothing to be done about it.

• LAN

And we are supposed to take your word on it I suppose. Given the fact that you constantly post rants and lies why should we believe you this time?

I did some searching and it's just what I thought. You didn't really read beyond the headline. https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-report-on-cia-to...

Here is the 2nd paragraph of that article you moron.

• LAN
      4 years agoReport

He said it was yahoo news feed. Ron Paul and the people associated with him don't constitute a credible source. Try again with a legit source this time.