What is the difference between iphone os and ipad os and ipod os?

I have downloaded an app from appstore on my iphone. Now I have transfered that app to my pc via itunes.

Can I install that same app from my pc on my ipod and ipad?

NOTE: THAT APP WAS DOWNLOADED USING IPHONE.

Best Answer

There is no difference they all use iOS. Some apps are optimised to be used on an iPad or iPhone but most are universal and will work on any device.

The apps are associated with your Apple ID. You can install your apps on all your devices that are using that Apple ID. If the iPod and iPad are using the same Apple ID has your iPhone you can install your apps on them. It is best to get the app directly from the app store as they are digitally signed and so may not work if you are trying to install them via your computer. You can turn on Automatic Downloads in the settings on one device and then apps/music/movies etc. on one will be automatically downloaded on to all your devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202180

The only way of installing apps onto those devices is to download the app. Anything else risks breaking the security of the device.

Same apps can run on all of them, its just that ipad is designed for larger screen so some apps are customized for it.

• Lv 7

it depends on if your devices are advanced enough to support it.

the iOS is the same on them, only changing appearance based on the size of the screen and the speed of the hardware, which, in turn, determines whether or not you can load the app on them...