i got myself into a crazy situation:((?

we are divorced with joint custody of my son who is 8. 2 days ago my ex sent me a message that she is working somewhere overnight and is going to have some friend watch him. My son does not feel same with her friends and I told her that I can watch him while she works. She didnt agree.

So last night I was leaving the gym and on my way home I pass by her place and can easily see from the road if her car is home or not. It was not...I got worried!

I pull into the plaza which is right across her place to think what to do and immediately noticed her car in front of a fitness place. I left the plaza so that she dont think see me and then files for stalking etc...

I went to gas station and called the cops and told them about the situation that she wanted to have a friend watch him overnight while she works. I also told the cops I offered her many times that I will watch him but she declined.

Here is the part that is worrying me now...I was looking out for the safety of my son to make sure he is not alone at night etc...but it looks like she told the cops that I am stalking her at 1030pm at night....So most likely she is going to court and file for restraining order and tell them that i called the cops at 1030pm at night on her and was stalking her???

Guys if I was stalking this women would i really call the cops on her???? this situation of her telling me she is leaving him overnight with someone came abouts 48 hours ago , 48 hours ago he stayed with me, just last night this happened and i called the cops to see if she left him alone!!!! my son has told me she is not comfortable around the people she hangs out with!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If she was leaving the child home alone at night while she went off to work or whatever, then that's child neglect and endangerment and you calling the cops on her would have been appropriate.

However, she's paying someone to look out for her child while she's working, the child was not in danger, you were out of line to go by the home sit across the home in a parking lot and stalk the house plus stalk where your exes car was parked, then calling the cops on her for no reason.

You need to step back, I understand you are concern for your child, and as a parent, I wouldn't expect any less of you, but you might be overbearing. There was no one over the home other than the babysitter, it's not like there was a party going on with booze and drugs, or your child's babysitter is a convicted child predator, so really, your child is just as safe with the babysitter as he would be with either you or your ex.

You don't want your visitation rights taken away because you are being a crazy stalker and she has to put a restraining order on you, do you ?

Just enjoy the time you spend with your son, and let your ex handle the times he spends with her.

• Liz

So after all the lame attempts you made at getting your child support payments reduced didn't work, now you're pulling this crap? LOL You really are a pathetic moron.

When it's "her" time to have the child, you don't get to say who she can have as a babysitter. When it's "your" time with the child, she doesn't get to interfere in who you have as a babysitter. But you know that, don't you. You're just causing trouble out of spite, because that's the kind of whiny little b1@tch you are.

Why don't you grow up and put your child's needs first for a change. You know - that child's needs that you're so worried about? Do you honestly think your child doesn't need more from you?

You had no proof the child wasn't being watched by anyone (or at least you didn't share that here), but you do indicate you were stalking her to figure out what she was up to. You may want what's best for your kid, and I'd think it would've been great to have allowed you to watch the child while she was out, but she felt otherwise for her own reasons.

Unless you can prove the child is being neglected or left alone, stop following your ex trying to prove she's unfit. Do you really think she'd put the child in harm's way? When you saw no one was at her house, you could've knocked on the door to see if the child was home and who was there watching him, if anyone. You didn't do that, so you have no proof that anything was amiss.

You are stalking her. You need to realize that children frequently say what they think a parent wants to hear, which is no necessarily true. If you thought your son was alone, why not just knock on the door and find out? Or ask him the next time you see him? Our police departments have more important things to do than hand hold immature jerks. Quit wasting their time. And grow up.

As long as the person watching the child is a responsible adult/teenager of legal age to babysit overnight, she can leave the child with whomever she chooses during her visitation periods. Your opinion, and even the child's opinion, does not matter, as long as the sitter is properly caring for the child.

So yes, you were stalking her. She is well within her legal rights to file a restraining order.

"As long as the person watching the child is a responsible adult/teenager of legal age to babysit overnight, she can leave the child with whomever she chooses during her visitation periods. Your opinion, and even the child's opinion, does not matter, as long as the sitter is properly caring for the child.

So yes, you were stalking her. She is well within her legal rights to file a restraining order."

Unfortunately so, my first instincts was to side with you, as it be better for her to listen to your son and you and let him stay with you, not a friend. But if it's her week she is well within her rights to say no. However a restraining order is a bit too extreme...You were not leaving dead cats at her door, just looking out for you son...

Obviously you don't realize you were in fact stalking her, or were knee deep before you came to your senses. When the focus is the well being of your child, boundaries can get confusing. You just need to remember that when the child is in her care, its her choice how the child is cared for, in the same way its yours when the child is with you. We all make mistakes. Hopefully you will learn from yours.

• LAN

The only thing anyone will get from this rant is that you are a childish person who seems to love stalking his ex. Grow up and move on.

• ?

Yeah if you get divorced you have no control over what she does with her time and if she chooses to have a friend watch the child.

They should put u in a loony bin. The child was sleeping and her friend was in the house in case of emergency.. U re a lunatic