Is Palatine, IL below the mason dixon line?!?

i got lyme disease from a tick once. I am going to palatine for the summer and i am going to hike a lot, and I heard the chances of lyme disease are lower if your below the mason dixon line. Is this true? If so, can you tell me if palatine il is under the mason dixon line?!

Favorite Answer

Illinois is North of ('above") the Mason Dixon line. It may be statistically less common to contract Lyme disease south of the Mason Dixon line, but I'm sure the ticks don't observe state boundaries. You should take reasonable preventive measures when hiking in the woods, even in the southern states.

PS Palatine is in northern Illinois (a suburb NW of Chicago). The Mason-Dixon line separates southern Illinois and western Kentucky.

The Mason-Dixon line is the southern edge of Pennsylvania. It ends where it meets the West Virginia panhandle.

no sounds like a myth to me

no it is not.